Rancho Boca de la Cañada del Pinole was a 13,316-acre Mexican land grant given in 1842 by Governor Juan Alvarado to María Manuela Valencia. The name means "Mouth of the Pinole Valley" in Spanish. Today the land has been divided and our community enjoys both the developed spaces and open space preserved in Contra Costa County. Located in the east bay area's Briones valley, Rancho Boca Cañada offers full service horse boarding, training, and lessons in the hope of honoring the traditions of its history.
The ranch is conveniently located minutes from Briones Regional Park, 6,000 acres of open space managed by the East Bay Regional Park District, and within easy reach of East Bay transit and cities.